Salary: $45,000 - $65,000 a year
Job Type: Full-time
Qualifications: Bachelor's (Preferred)
Verb Technology is in search of a Staff Accountant with an entrepreneurial approach to their craft. This position will provide accounting and administrative support for various financial functions. This position is a key and integrated member of the Finance team. The successful candidate will have a proficiency in basic business applications, a sound understanding of accounting concepts, and a passion to continue to develop their skills.
The position requires an individual who is ambitious, self-directed, and capable of working autonomously or with the broader leadership team to achieve the business and financial goals of the company.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Process Accounts Payable
- Participate in the monthly financial close, including journal entry processing and general ledger account activity review to ensure financial statement accuracy and adherence to GAAP.
- Produce monthly financial statements and other internal and external financial reports as necessary.
- Perform balance sheet reconciliations; apply technical knowledge and judgment to ensure accuracy of accounts and timely resolution of reconciling items as required.
- Perform billing and dunning functions for various lines of business.
- Demonstrate understanding of internal controls and segregation of duties requirements to drive implementation of best practices in adherence to Sarbanes Oxley requirements.
- Liaison with other departments on various projects, initiatives and process improvements impacting the Corporate Accounting function.
- Participate in special projects as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Technical accounting knowledge and ability to incorporate that knowledge and synthesize information into actionable recommendations and analyses.
- High degree of business acumen and analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Adaptable in using organizational skills to prioritize tasks and take ownership of work and an ability to deliver results in a flexible, fast-paced work environment.
- Ability to anticipate busy schedules and communicate with other members of the organization to complete assignments on time.
- Ability to effectively pace work to adhere to financial close deadlines and key deliverables.
- Demonstrated integrity in work product and commitment to accuracy.
- Adhere to key financial controls in accordance with GAAP, Sarbanes Oxley requirements and corporate policy.
- Strong ability to work as a team member.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Applications, especially Word and Excel.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrate and model company values with internal and external customers.
- Proactively communicate with team and cross-functional counterparts.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelors or higher degree (Accounting or Finance preferred)
- Recent graduate or 1+ years accounting/finance experience
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
- CPA preferred but not required