Video marketing is the latest trend in digital marketing, and it's not slowing down any time soon. As of last year, video has become about 80% of all internet traffic. With the right tools and software, you can create personalized videos that speak directly to your prospects. And, once you do, video has long been proven to increase conversion rates by up to 200%. Sound like something you could get used to? Read on!
In the last few years, more and more businesses have started using video in their prospecting/marketing strategy and have reaped the benefits from it.
These statistics about videos used in email, social media, and sales strategies show how effective the video marketing strategy is:
Using Video in an Email:
- Using video in an email shows a 200-300% increase in click-through rates.
- Using the word “video” in an email subject line boosts open rates by 19%, increases click-through rates by 65%, and reduces unsubscribers by 26%.
Using Video in a Sales Strategy:
- 59% of executives would rather watch a video than read about the same topic. Consumers have also said that they would rather watch a video about a product than read about it.
- Video increases your marketing duration—80% of users say they can recall a video ad they viewed in the last 30 days. The odds of a viewer remembering a static image or text after that long are very low.
- After viewing a video, 39% of executives call the vendor.
- Including a video on a landing page increases the number of consumers who are likely to purchase to 64%.
- The average retention rate of a personalized video is 35% higher than that of a non-personalized video.
- 35% of businesses use intermediate/advanced analytics to measure video performance to measure interaction, attention span, drop-off times, and influence or revenue.
- 65% of viewers watch more than ¾ of a video.
- 93% of marketers use video for online marketing, sales, and communication
- 52% of marketing professionals worldwide named video as the type of content with the best ROI.
- Companies that use video enjoy 41% more web traffic from searches than non-video users.
Using Video on Social Media:
- 82% of people prefer live video over standard social media posts.
- Social video generates 12 times the shares than text and images combined. On top of that, companies that use video see 41% more web traffic on their page.
With Verb Technology, it’s never been easier to make videos that will leave an impact. Using verbLIVE, you can create live interactive videos that speak directly to your customers and prospects. On top of that, you can create CTA’s that dot your screen as interactive links that your viewers can click without leaving the livestream!
One of our newest products, verbMAIL, offers these same interactions on Outlook. You can send video emails to customers and prospects and receive detailed analytics that report on how they received your video message. No more wondering about the success of your email campaigns—you’ll know perfectly!
With these video marketing statistics in mind, you may want to make the studio your next stop. Video is the best way to expand your reach to more audiences and start seeing results in your marketing efforts. The benefits of video await you!
To learn more about Verb’s leading interactive technology, click here.
About the author:
Verb’s own top partner liaison, Melissa Holdgate is a Senior Affiliate Marketing Manager. As a graduate from the University of Rhode Island and a former Chinese Language Flagship program ambassador with a degree in International Business, she brings important real-world experience from around the globe to Verb. When she’s not heading up our Affiliate Program for verbLIVE, she’s most often found working on her artistic interests like watercolor painting, or outside enjoying nature.